Temple programs during Corona outbreak shutdown
Hare Krishna dear devotees,
Please accept our humble obeisances and All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
The corona pandemic crisis is still going on at this moment, which means that reopening the temple can only happen under strict conditions. We are saddened about the limited Sunday program but we also understand the importance of following the regulations to minimize the health risk of the corona virus.
Any form of re-opening will be followed by the strict regulations implemented by the government. As follows; no more than 30 people in the temple but because we have such a small space, we can only have a maximum of 10 people at one time excluding temple board members, cooks, and pujari, we must follow the 1.5 meter distance from each other, and wash/sanitize your hands accordingly.
Within this framework, the temple will stay open. There will be two shifts:
- 15:00 – 16:45 Bhajan & Lecture
- 17:00 – 18:00 Gaura Arati and Darshan
To minimize risk of infection and prevent any form of fines, we implemented the following conditions that are not voluntary and must be strictly followed.
- Registration for one of the shifts is mandatory! Only those who have registered for one of the shifts can come to the temple within the timeframe of the chosen shift. Registration is ONLY valid if you received a confirmation by email.
- To register, please go to the following website: iskconamsterdam.nl and click on the button Sunday Feast registration.
- Registration for more than one shift is not possible.
- We strongly urge you to come alone or with maximum of one other devotee. Please note that if you come with two persons, both have to be registered.
- Please come on time, because we won’t be able to let you in if you’re late.
- If you are early, please wait outside till the temple host let’s you in.
- Our advice is to take mouth cap and gloves with you if you come to the temple. For those who do not have mouth cap and glove, you can get in the temple for donation of 2 euros.
- If you feel sick, do not come to the temple. You can cancel your registration by sending an email to email@example.com. If we find someone’s visibly sick, we cannot allow you inside the premises.
- Shoes can be left in the hall, not in the small corridor where shoes and jackets were stored normally.
- Please follow the routes that will be drawn on the floor.
- Please be seated on the designated cushions in the temple room. Do not move these cushions.
- Instructions from the temple hosts always have to be followed.
Prasadam will be available at the end of each shift and also for the visitors of the darshan hour as takeaway. It is not possible to eat prasadam in the temple.
The program will also be available on Facebook as livestream. Please note that all other days in the week the temple remains closed.
We understand that this will be challenging for everyone to have Sunday feast in this way, however, due to the situation we all must work together and pray that everything normalizes soon so we can resume our regular Sunday feast program.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation. We hope to see you again next Sunday or otherwise as soon as possible. Haribol!
Your servants from the temple board Iskcon Amsterdam.
Lizzy Ansinghstraat 80-1
View our location in Google maps
Public transport: Metro 52 De Pijp station and Tram 12 Cornelis Troostplein.
Stichter-Acharya Zijne Goddelijke Genade A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
According to the Privacy Law we will use your personal details only for the sake of sending you this Newsletter and other Iskcon Temple related post. Your personal details will never be used for other purposes.